Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I love the smell of Lysol in the morning

Pardon my French, but this morning was shitty. No, really. Ben woke up, took his diaper off, played in yesterday's meal and THEN decided to let us know he was awake. Nice. From now on, that boy wears pants to bed.

Anypoo, at lunch time today, the four of us went to the house hole to watch them pour concrete. They've done footers and yesterday, put up the forms (brand new forms, by the way. The construction worker-guy who told me was very proud of this). They poured the stuff for the basement walls today, tomorrow the forms come off and then in a few days, they pour the foundation.

I didn't think I'd be as interested in the construction of the house as I would be the decoration of the house, but watching everything today was pretty cool. The concrete truck pulled up and was not able to escape the mommarazzi. Andy was a tad freaked out by all the noise.

Then they loaded it into the pump-truck-thing. Yes, the pump truck has the word "Schwing" on it. No, I was not able to refrain from making a Wayne's World reference.






















Then this guy (complete with Atari-Lederhosen) summoned his mad Tetris skills and moved the crane-hose-pump-thing to where it needed to go.







This next guy is my hero. He stood on the forms, 100 feet in the air WITHOUT A HARNESS. Ok, so maybe it was closer to 10 feet in the air, but still. 1 foot off the ground is too high up, in my book.














While we were out in Union, we stopped by Andy's new school. I registered him yesterday, but forgot his birth certificate. We dropped that off today and even got to see his new classroom. Jeff and I are taking him to school on his first day of kindergarten on Monday, August 18th. I still can't believe that the itty-bitty, 4 1/2 pound baby I held for the first time, 5 years ago, is starting elementary school next week.


Well, I have to get some class packets ready for a scrapbooking class I'm teaching in Indiana this weekend. I have 9 people signed up and they haven't even seen the layouts and cards we're making! I'm flattered!


Nighty-night!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

how did you get that big construction crew! looks like they're working on an office building or something! my niece alyssa apparently likes to take her diaper off too! i hope i miss that one!