(Yes, I used the "2006" to cover up a dead plant. Ah, the perks of photo editing software)
The four of us got to Andy's school at about 8:30 and went into the gym. There were easily 100,000 kids and parents present. No, not really, but it sounded like it. When the principal took the mic, she said, "Ok, Mann Elementary School...can I get everyone to go to a Zero?" and held her fingers to her thumb over her head. The teachers all put their "zero" fingers in the air and the room fell silent. This was NOT in the kindergarten handbook (come to think of it, there wasn't even a kindergarten handbook) and it looked like some sort of secret sign language code.
I swear, elementary school is weird.
Andy's teacher is Mrs. Frolo-Baker and I got a good vibe from her. Anyone who can get away with wearing a hot pink top and pants similar to these , is pretty cool in my book.
I'm sure it was just my mommy-eyes playing tricks on me, but when Benny and I went to go pick Andy up from school at noon, he'd grown three feet and looked like a young man. But when he reached out to hold my hand, I knew I had my baby boy for just a little bit longer...


3 comments:
Awe. I know, it's tough. I so feel like the unsentimental mama - I walked Ani to the bus stop and took her pictures, but that was it. I didn't even follow the bus or anything. It's nice to know what Mrs. Frolo-Baker was wearing. I'm feeling better about my A's year already.
i don't want it to go that fast! make it stop!
Thats awesome about the house. I personally don't know about droping kids off but I'm sure its difficult. You will probably be more than ready to get Ben out of the house when the time comes.
Post a Comment