We started the process back in April and by June, Jeff and I were trying to figure out which shade of beige (of which we were offered not two, not three, but four choices) our walls would be slathered in. (Sourdough, in case you were wondering.)
They broke ground this Monday and should be pouring concrete next week sometime. I want to be there for that, so I can put an old picture of Jeff and I in the foundation. Mushy, I know, but I like that it's sort of a literal take on "building a home on a foundation of love". Yeah, yeah...Hallmark called, they want to offer me a job in their "sappy" department.
I still can't believe all of this is happening. I had a very, very modest childhood and to go from a rented 2 bedroom duplex in East L.A. to a 3600sq ft home that has my name on the deed, well, let's just say I pinch myself every morning, hoping it wasn't all a dream.
Anyhow, here are two of the shorter Pike men, just before the House Hole was made. How stinkin' cute are they?! In other news, we got the "ok" from the Boone County Board of Education to start Andy at the elementary school near our House Hole. He starts Kindergarten on the 18th (Kentucky didn't get the memo that "back to school" starts in September, but whatever). We're going to register him on Friday after his doctor appointment.
Yes, that would be his 5-year-old check up. Yes, he turned 5 in May. Yes, I am on top of things. Ben is also getting his 18 month check up (he turned 18 months in May), so at least I'm consistent.
I still can't believe he's starting kindergarten. KINDERGARTEN! My first baby! When did that happen?
Ok, I'm going to go pore over infant-Andy pictures and then go re-tuck in the man-child.

No comments:
Post a Comment