First I'd like to start off by apologizing for the spam from "A girl and three boys" that you all received. I'm not naming names, but some of you thought it might be porn and tried to open the link. You know who you are. *cough*jeff*cough*
Anyhow, we went to the Boone County Fair today and I must say that the weather this evening was a gazillion times nicer than it was last year. It was warm, but there wasn't any humidity and there was even a nice breeze. This was the first, official fair for Ben (he went last year, but wasn't big enough to ride anything) and he loved it! We had dinner first and let me just say, Ben doesn't mess around when it comes to corn dogs. He devoured the whole thing. And lemonade. And a sno cone. And a donut. Now that I think about it, I'm really quite surprised he didn't blow chunks when he rode the spinny-boat things with Andy.
Speaking of spinny-boat-thingy rides, the boys loved them! Well, for the first few minutes. Then they were just sort of bored. Observe:
That's one of the reasons why I love watching my guys at amusement parks. The kids have this pure, raw excitement and Jeff lights up when he sees them like that. Despite the fact that I don't usually go on the rides, I think I have more fun than they do. I get to watch them run around and spin and go upside down. I get to listen to their squeals of joy and bursts of laughter. I pretty much get the perks of amusement parks without having that queezy feeling in my stomach at the end of the day.
Oh, and I didn't enter anything in the fair this year. I just didn't get around to it and I like being able to say that my scrapbook has won 1st place in 100% of the fairs I've entered it in!
Earlier today, we drove by the House Hole. There's lots going on! I'm not exactly sure what it is they've done to it (I'm sure Jeff would be able to tell you) but there was one of those elevation-machine-thingies, something that sort of looked like a maze and more dirt had been moved around. I think they pour concrete into the maze-looking thing tomorrow and then next week, they pour the foundation. Here's what it looked like as of noon, today:
Well, it's 11:09pm and Jeff and Andy just got back from the fair. (Ben and I came home at about 8:00, as he was all corndogged-out.) I'm going to go help Jeff de-funkify Andy and get him in bed.
Goodnight, everyone!


3 comments:
That corndog shot is freaking awesome. That is serious corndog eating. Of course, I don't like corndogs, so it also makes me a bit queasy...but I'm glad you all had fun!
Ok....so it took a while, but I'm finally here! I can't believe how big the boys are getting! Of course, Katie's going to Kindergarten, too, so I guess it's not so unbelievable.
They are, of course, adorable! Oh, and as for the house....I'm so jealous I don't even know if I can talk to you anymore!
Just kidding...you ARE lucky, but you deserve it!
Kathi
I second the awesome corndog shot.
So I had to send the cadbury egg video to Bob. I figured a response something like this... "well at least they had the common sense not to squash a chocolate creme one, those are tasty". But instead he is surfng the site and sending me other links, obviously he's not working!
Great post look forward to seeing more.
Post a Comment