Thursday, February 12, 2009

Teething is fun!

No, not really. I'm totally lying.


It's funny how easily you forget things that happened with your first kid and it's even funnier how quickly it all comes back to you when the second kid does it. Ben is a natural-born spitfire; a scorpio in it's truest form. So it really should have not come as a surprise that he would not be an easy teether. Not only does his personality reduce to a mother-sauce of epic proportions, (sorry, that line was spoken by the culinary-student in me) but his body protests as well. He sleeps longer, he would get terrible ear infections (before we had ear-tube-thingies installed a while back), gets a runny nose and gets the worst case of, pardon the term, "mud butt".


For those of you offended by the phrase "mud butt", I would just like to say that the term is not remotely as offensive as the actual syndrome itself. Even Ben can't stand his own brand when he's teething. I've even considered tipping the garbage guys and putting the CDC on alert because the smell is so bad.


Really, the only upside is the frequency, depth and intensity of his sleep. I snapped this picture the other day after Andy got off the school bus. The three of us sat down for lunch, I got up to refill Andy's milk half-way through the meal and when I got back *ZONK* Ben was out.



Well, this one is going to have to be short. I made cupcakes earlier today for a party I'm having tomorrow:


and I've still got to put the finishing touches on Andy's class valentines for tomorrow. I'll post pictures after his party, which I get to help out with, and hopefully I'll have gotten some good ones of his school party.

Nighty night!

No comments: