Saturday, August 22, 2009

Remember me?

I can't believe my last blog post was in March. On the bright side, at least it was March of this year. Spring was a tad nuts for us, but nuts in a good way. Jeff opened three coasters and we all took a big vacation out to California. And before I catch any slack from anyone we didn't call while we were out there, there was NO way we could have gotten together! Between Disneyland and the opening of Jeff's coaster, a side trip to Santa Cruz and poison ivy (that story to follow) there was just no way we could have fit anything else into our already very tight schedule. Let's just say I needed a vacation when I got home from our vacation!!

This summer has been fun, and way more laid back than the Spring. We've taken advantage of having a pool just two blocks away (ah, the perks of having to pay HOA fee$), renewed our museum membership (no, not that museum) and have toasted lots and LOTS of marshmallows.

Summer, for us anyhow, is pretty much over. We're in that weird, limbo state between the first day of school and the first day of Autumn. You know, that odd time when bedtime is strictly enforced, but it's still light outside; there's homework and tons of paperwork to fill out, but we still haven't had our last bbq of the summer.

Andy started 1st grade (!!!) on Wednesday and I didn't cry at all! No, I saved my tears for the condiment aisle at the grocery store when Andy and I went to get things for his packed lunches. Yeah, that was pretty.

Well, it's 2am and there's a very cuddly and very sleepy Jeff next to me. Before I close my laptop and join him, enjoy these photos from our summer:

Ben and his dinosaur, just after visiting the dino exhibit at the Cincinnati Museum Center


Andy and his dinosaur


Ben vs. Hot Dog (Ben won)



Ben and the goldfish from the fair (the fish is still alive, even 2 weeks later!)



Jeff vs Bull (Bull won)



Andy learned to swim!



My baby...not such a baby any more!

No comments: