Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Taking a breather

I apologize for not updating this thing more often. Things are going to simmer down after we move in, but until then, I'm making two round trips to Andy's school every day, had been taking him to Karate twice a week (we're on karate-hiatus until we move) and now with Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up, we're in full gear.


There's been a ton of stuff going on that deserves an update, so I'm going to take the next couple of days to touch on each one. The first is one of the most exciting: THE HOUSE HOLE! Although, now that it's got a roof, bricks, paint, etc, it seems sort of silly to call it a hole. But, the name stuck when Andy exclaimed it a few months ago.


The last picture I posted was of the first level walls going up. A few days later we had this:

Then they gave us a roof:

And then Ike blew through. Luckily, neither of the houses took on any damage!! The same day the above picture was taken, I also got some shots of the inside:






Then they gave us brick. All but two of the houses on our street are red brick, so we wanted to do something different. The picture below makes the house look a little more red than it is, but it's a really nice brown in person. The shutters are going to be a dark chocolate color.

Then we had the pre-dry wall walkthrough with Rich, our project manager. A few days later, we had drywall everywhere! The picture below is the view from the living room, with your right shoulder to the fireplace. You're looking into part of the kitchen and the upstairs hallway:

They've done a ton more since this picture was taken, so I'll take my camera with me when I pic Andy up from school, tomorrow. Well, I have to collect a stool sample from the kittens (YAY, WHAT FUN!!) for their vet appointment tomorrow (did I mention we're keeping the kittens? Long story, don't ask Jeff) and I am in dire need of a shower and some tea. Then it's my nightly rendezvous with Jon Stewart and then I'm off to bed.

More tomorrow!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

gosh that house looks huge! i can't wait for you to have us over to see it :D i think the year rolls on as soon as august starts! we took down our halloween decor yesterday just to be sure i don't give birth and have to look at it all november! LOL