That's what we were greeted with this evening. The little Pike People had been in bed for a few hours, I was watching the Daily Show and Jeff was defending his fort on the computer. Andy bolted downstairs, yelling "I fink Benny frowed up! I can smell it!" Benny didn't just "frowed up", but he frowed up his lunch which he'd consumed at noon, which consisted of popcorn shrimp, milk and a mall cookie. Let me tell you, 12 hour old milk, popcorn shrimp and mall cookie do NOT a pleasant smell make.After a bath, new pjs, a cuddle on the recliner, Benny frowed up again. This time, he nailed mommy. Nice. This time the milk, shrimp and mall cookie were heavily diluted with stomach acid. Jeff stopped hosing down the boys' room and brought a yakking Ben back to the bathroom.
Benny clean up: Take Two.
So it's 12:29am and I'm showered, re-pajama'd, all of the Pike men are half way to la-la land and I had the bizarre urge to blog this event. I really hope the puking stops. See, he pulled a Linda Blair Saturday night, then on Monday, it was Andy's turn to pray at the altar of St. John. Now that it's Tuesday (technically Wednesday) it looks like Ben has been tapped to take over and blow more gravy. But why stop there? I wouldn't be able to use all of my vomit jargon if the puke fest ended now! Poetic phrases like, producing a pavement pizza, calling God on the big white telephone, spewing, heaving chunks, up chuck, chunder from the land down under, toss cookies, technicolor yawn, call to the seals, liquid laugh, hork, gut soup, stomach tsunami, and whistling beef.
It is bizarrely pride inducing to know that many different ways to say "throw up".
Anyhow, did I mention we're supposed to go to Pennsylvania on Thursday? Did I mention that consists of a TEN hour drive? Did I mention that it would be a BAD idea to bring two barfing boys on a trip that long? Did I mention that I think I might have missed a spot where the ghost of Ben's lunch landed on my foot? I'm going to go re-de-funkify now. Ew.

2 comments:
One more euphemism for your list: boot.
when it rains it pours - PUKE...yuck yuck yuck...i hope you all make it out! LOVE the exorcist pic :D happy october to you!
Post a Comment